1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply Year 3/4 penultimate day of term - ideas please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by svk, Jul 14, 2011.

1. svk

svk

Hi,
    I'm new to supply teaching, and have had a bit of a break following my NQT year for health reasons. It's been going really well but I'm covering a class next week that have been unsettled all year and just want some new fun ideas - I am planning to do some games and a philosophy circle session. I taught them a couple of days this week and they are definately getting end of termitis (!!). I've kept them busy in recent weeks when I've been in with some creative literacy, history and engaging maths in the mornings and have done quite of lot of art and PE. But I am thinking a one day stand alone project would be nice (the teacher has told me to do anything I am comfortable with to keep them focussed and engaged). I have limited resources as their topic based books etc have gone back to the library now - and to be honest I think they have done a lot on their topic and would find it more interesting to do something else. I think this class needs me to keep them busy. Has anyone got any ideas? They have recently had an arts day and a week based on different countries. I also did a literacy workshop based on dragons with them last week.
    Thanks in advance

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. svk

svk

I absolutely love it! Great. Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for:)
    Thank you

4. marlin

I hope it goes well if you decide to do it! I thought it looked just a bit 'off the wall' - something completely different!
    [​IMG]

5. marlin