1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SUPPLY WORK IN SOUTH ESSEX and SOUTHEND ON SEA

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by AIRFORCE11, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Hallo, I am new to supply and although I have worked a few days , the work seems very sporadic (as I think would be expected).
    1. What is the daily rate (approx) for teaching work ?
    2. What is the daily rate for cover supervisor work ?
    3. Do agencies operate a league table of teachers / cover teachers ?
    and if so
    4. Can one climb this ladder to get regular work.
    I am registered with 3 agencies at the moment covering Southend to Dagenham/Romford

Any advice/help gratefully accepted - thanks!

2. I am also in that area and unfortunately I have not had any work for over a year. Apart from the fact that as a very experienced teacher I am facing unfair competition from support staff due to misinterpretion by schools of regulations and guidelines, I also have no transport of my own now.
    When I started supply teaching over 10 years ago I was getting £120 a day from one agency (they had an office in Grays)with extra when I undertook long term work. But I have had no work from that agency for several years.
    The last work that I was getting was paying either £115 or £118 a day depending on which agency provided the work. But last time that I worked one of those agencies only paid £85 a day almost certainly because it was CS rate. I was not informed before taking on the booking, either by the agency or the school, about the different role or payment.

3. Thanks Bronco ! Cover supervisor rate has now dropped to £60 per day - does not encourage the "supply" of good teachers . Good luck and thanks again.