1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply work in Liverpool

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by sjones86, Oct 13, 2009.

1. I qualified this summer with a Secondary PGCE in History but was unsuccessful in finding a job for this year. I am hoping to get into supply teaching in the Liverpool area and would be very grateful about any advice people can offer in regards to the general process and in reccommending good agencies to work for.
    Thankyou in advance for anyadvice you can offer!

2. Mr_G_ICT

Mr_G_ICT New commenter

i'm in warrington, but work a lot in liverpool, and to be honest, have had very little. i'm working 2 days a week at the moment, which is not ideal. Find yourself a few agencies. I know that someone mentioned there is a new supply agency in liverpool that is undercutting everyone else, but i can't remember the name.

I go with capita, but a lot of people on this forum have a hate-on for them at the moment.

3. I'm with Celsian which is basd in Liverpool. Have been getting quite regular work 3-5 days a week. I am also with Justteachers based in Warrington.

4. malekhamdaoui

malekhamdaoui New commenter

I know this reply is late by a few year but since finishing my PGCE I have worked for various supply agencies in the North West (Mainly in Liverpool).
    Taking into account the following -
    • Rate of pay
    • Frequency of work
    • Length of work
    • Communication
    The agency who I consider to be the best in liverpool is The Teaching Executives. Get in touch with Julie Murray - She'll get you in work within days of registering with them. Expect to start off on around £80 a day but after a few weeks you'll be on between £90-120. They usually contact you days in advance however can contact you last minute i.e - 7:30am. The length of work varies between a week and a few weeks long.

Who to avoid - a lof of supply agencies advertise jobs on various websites however, they don't in fact have any jobs going - they just want your details on their database. They usually pay really poorly i.e- minimum wage.
    If you come accorss TES supply - <u>avoid!</u> Pay is minimum wage (if that) - communication is awful - I was called a few days before a prospective job - was told that POSSIBLY they would need me on the friday, called back thursday many times - no answer, then friday 9 am - I'm getting calls and voicemails left right and center asking why I am not in school working as supply!