1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

supply teaching time limit after 1 terms induction completed?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by jubilee, Jan 8, 2011.

1. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I've replied on your thread on the NQT forum.

2. Hi Sally, you are allowed to work on short term assignments, but you need to be aware the the 16 month rule works like a ticking clock from the first day you start teaching. At the end of this period, if you haven't completed all 3 terms, then you must find a suitable post which will count towards your induction. You can apply for a 12 month assignment through you LEA if you haven't been able to find a post by then.
    Even if you don't do any supply work, your 16 months is still ticking.
    Hope that helps

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I know what you mean but that statement is ambiguous.
    If you have done just a day of qualified teaching that is not part of Induction, it starts the 16 months counting down. The 16 month alowance expires exactly 16 months later, even if you only ever did that one day of supply teaching after qualifying.

4. Thank you everyone for your replys. I did supply in the summer as an unqualified tecaher before my graduation and then completed one terms induction before christmas. However havent done any supply since. Does the 16 month start from now when I start supply again? Or has it already started? Sorry if this has already been answered I just find it very confussing!
    Thank you in advance
    Sally

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

It didn't start when you did unqualified supply before QTS was conferred by the GTC.
    It didn't start when your did your one Induction term.
    The 16 month supply limit will not start until (if) you start any non-Induction teaching in a State 5-16 school before completing Induction.