1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply teaching in Kent

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by KATELEE1, Apr 2, 2012.

1. I am researching the possibility of supply teaching for a short time in Kent. Anyone want to tell me:
    1) a good agency?
    2) average take home pay per day in secondary in kent?
    3) can / do secondary teachers get given option to teach primary?
    4) is there plenty of work if you are willing, able and flexible?

Many thanks

2. I am researching the possibility of supply teaching for a short time in Kent. Anyone want to tell me:
    1) a good agency?
    2) average take home pay per day in secondary in kent?
    3) can / do secondary teachers get given option to teach primary?
    4) is there plenty of work if you are willing, able and flexible?

Many thanks

3. I don't know Kent so can't give specific advice for there but:
    Secondary supply is virtually dead in most areas now due to the use of Cover Supervisors.
    Secondary supply is completely dead this term due to exams so no Y9 and 11.
    There are thousands of unemployed primary teachers, many doing supply, so you are unlikely to get work without primary experience.
    No, there most definitely is NOT plenty of supply work no matter how flexible you are.

4. I originally come from Kent and, perhaps because they have grammar schools, there is very little movement of staff; sort of 'dead men's shoes'. Giving up on the idea of supply in London, I thought of doing some in Kent, as my mother still lives there. I thought that I could spend some more time with her and get a few days in at the same time. KCC no longer have there own supply pool, so I tried agencies. Two seem to be represented; Capita and Supply Desk. It is a given that the former is useless, but Supply Desk seemed to think it was a going proposition (this is for secondary, BTW), but nothing actually materialised.

5. I am in Kent and have not had any work for 2 years.

6. thank you