1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply teachers

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by langer40, Mar 18, 2020.

1. langer40

langer40 New commenter

I'm just wondering whether anyone has any information on whether supply teachers qualify for any Government help if the schools close meaning we don't get paid!

Michca99 likes this.
  2. onyerbike

onyerbike New commenter

I am wondering that myselfvand now its a certainty and we can't work due to a government decision, what will they do to help us?

3. langer40

langer40 New commenter

I can’t find any information about this at all. I fear that no help will be offered.

4. MichaelaRitucci

MichaelaRitucci New commenter

From what I read there is nothing for us.

5. ridley14

ridley14 New commenter

I am really worried about this. The Government has said it will pay the wages of those who can't work in their jobs, but we, supply teacher's can't because of the decision to close schools, so we get no money at all. Surely we qualify for this income support from the Government? My agency has my P45 so I am still available but I'm unable to do so because of schools being closed. Surely supply teacher's fit this criteria?

6. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Last year, I had a temporary contract with a school, one day a week through an agency.
    They still e-mail me (which I have to tolerate until I get my P60). last week it was a link to get universal credit.
    It's a good job that I have other sources of income.