1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply teachers in london area

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by oldsomeman, May 1, 2012.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Is it just my agency which is rubbish..or have you been getting work for supply...It seems that there is a shortage but they create the impression there is little or no work for day to day supply,
    I absolutely refuse to do cover work on principal and be a TA.....
    So far this term i have had no offers.......and last term was very poor as well.For you guys out there who rely on supply if must be horrendous!

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Is it just my agency which is rubbish..or have you been getting work for supply...It seems that there is a shortage but they create the impression there is little or no work for day to day supply,
    I absolutely refuse to do cover work on principal and be a TA.....
    So far this term i have had no offers.......and last term was very poor as well.For you guys out there who rely on supply if must be horrendous!

3. I absolutely refuse to do cover work on principal and be a TA.....
    Me too! Good to see someone principled and sticking to their guns!
    Have gone is a TA before (and was made to sweep the playground of snow for a whole morning - never ever again!!!!), but would rather be shot than work as a cover supervisor. I ain't one.
    Full stop.

4. Im science supply in London. I have joined half a dozen agencies and I have had nothing since May llast year, day-to-day, CS or TA.

5. Had two days this term. it could have been four but I was unavailable.
    Work in a tution centre it does help with rent and stuff.