1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

supply teachers' essentials

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by les25paul, Jul 5, 2011.

1. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Primary or Secondary?

2. Whiteboard pens, lots of pens, stickers, spare paper (you can NEVER find it when you need it), few wordsearches "just in case" for a variety of subjects (I use things like famous Spanish/French people, scientists, literary figures, because then it doesn't rely on any previous knowledge, which you won't know).

PACKED LUNCH. I've been into many a school and starved because either a) I can't find the canteen or b) it makes no sense to me or c) they use swipe cards and/or fingerprints to sort out payment. Not a microwaveable one because you cannot guarantee access to a microwave.

:) hope this helps!

3. I think the big one for me these days - Sat Nav. It's so much easier just asking for a postcode and Sat Naving it into at least the immediate area where you can ask for directions than trying to use online route planners and balancing A-Zs on your knees.

4. In London I would recommend an A-Z and a smartphone with good internet for accessing TfL.

5. It's Primary supply I'll be doing
    Thanks for your help - keep your words of wisdom coming!

6. jj80

jj80 New commenter

google maps!! i would be lost in London without it!

7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

We've had previous threads on this in previous years
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/342991.aspx?PageIndex=1
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/461778/6384952.aspx#6384952
    and others-just can't find them at the moment.
    Look in resources too; sm1971 added a 'My Supply Pack' to the resources section here many moons ago which is really good.