1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply teachers- Best invention in the world?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by teachingking123, Sep 28, 2015.

1. teachingking123

teachingking123 Established commenter

Are supply teachers probably the best invention ever? Even better that chocolate?

2. amykins959

amykins959 New commenter

SAT NAV!!!

3. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

Was this meant to be a bit of fun? I think it has misfired. I find it trite and patronising.
    There are so many issues in our profession, a massive diaspora of qualified teachers, aggressive performance management programmes driving teachers out of their full time jobs and into the morass of supply, a government intent on deprofessionalising teachers, creating an expendible casual workforce and selling off schools to anyone who fancies having a go, millions spent on setting up vanity project free schools in areas which already have enough school places at the expense of increasing demand for primary places, narrowing the syllabus to academic subjects which do not match the demands of students' future workplaces and a ten year freeze on pay.
    Of course we do our job with dedication and professionalism. We swim against the tide every day.
    I can't pretend it isn't happening and make cheery noises about chocolate.
    This isn't about confectionary. As a grown adult I consider many things immensely superior to chocolate and that includes my profession and the probity of my colleagues.
    What do you hope to achieve with this post?