1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply teacher interview questions

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cakelover22, Oct 2, 2016.

1. cakelover22

cakelover22 New commenter

I have been out of primary teaching for 4 years. I am being interviewed for the supply list next week and wondered if anyone had any idea of the kind of questions I would be asked.

Given that I have been out of the classroom for a few years I would find it difficult to remember actual situations/examples that I could use for answers.

2. clairey99

clairey99 New commenter

Hi, I had a few interviews in the Summer after ten years in the same job and I was asked:

What does pupil safeguarding mean to you?
    How do you plan for the range of children in your class?
    What are your curriculum strengths and why?
    How do you create a positive relationship with the parents in your class?
    How do you support SEN children in your class?
    If I walked into your classroom what would I see?

Hope that helps. I had a few interviews and they all pretty much asked these same questions.

cakelover22 likes this.
  3. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

It's only 4 years-if you were a great teacher I'm sure you still are! Kids need the same as they've always needed and (most) of the rules are still the same. 2+2 is still 4, Battle of H was still 1066!

4. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

I say that because a friend who took a few years 'out' to raise her kids was asked (so she says) in a very strange way whether she 'could' still do the job. She pointed out that there are ALWAYS changes to specs but the basic subject remains the same, so why would they question whether she should have any more to catch up on than the next teacher. She got offered the job (she turned it down and took another but no point mentioning that!)