1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

supply teacher in SALT feeling overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by enrg34, Sep 6, 2011.

1. enrg34

enrg34 New commenter

Doing supply for 2 weeks (yes already) in a SALT and although glad of the work feel rather overwhelmed as some of the children are new, three age groups and obviously mixed ability I dont have very much background details at all, no guidelines left whatsoever. The usual teacher (off sick)who has lots more experience than me has left the message for me to just do lots of games with them. ( They are 2 assistants in the class of 10 which is a big help) I have been focussing on language and number work and I am planning as best I
    can work to suit everyone but feel a bit out of my depth and that there
    is an expectation there for it all to be as normal! I will stick with it but am I right to think that because I am supply there is only so much I can do iyswim. (I also have 2 primary schoolchildren myself and dont want them to suffer my stress) I am finding it so hard to switch off!

2. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Sorry for my ignorance, what is SALT in your context please? I only recognise it as an acronym for the Speech And Language Therapist.