1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply Teach and TA

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by jinxit, Nov 7, 2011.

1. I was covering an upper primary class and doing some group work with the children when the TA comes in half way and completely takes over e.g. questioning the kids, asking for feedback, explaining tasks and plenary. TA then explains next task and what she expects of them(because I stupidly tell her) and I stand there gobsmacked and thinking I am a rubbish teacher over and over in my head. I know the TA is experienced in the year group and knows the children but it does nothing for my confidence! If it happens again do I say something or bite my tongue and just bank the money? Has never happened to me before.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Yes, been there. [​IMG] Just bank the money and try not to let it get to you!

3. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter

Yes I agree, just be careful that the TA doesn't report back that she has done your job!

4. It's just only in the last couple of years that I've come across TAs who look down on supply. I started supply ten years ago, and the TAs then were 100% helpful assistants in the classroom.