1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply Situation in the North East

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by massivegeoff, Mar 16, 2011.

1. well it's been almost 3 weeks since half-term and i have not had a single day's supply since. i did get a call about 2 weeks ago with an offer for a long term position until the easter hols. i turned it down as it was about 45 minutes drive each way. kicking myself now!
    anybody else finding work quite this thin on the ground or should i start taking it personally?[​IMG]

2. Hi there. I wouldnt take it personally. Im in the same boat, its been very quiet for me since Jan. Just the odd day and half day here.

3. useless

useless New commenter

I've been doing supply for 12 years in the North East and this is the worst year yet. Luckily I've got a full week because of a ski trip but I may have to sign on soon.

4. I've had a steady 3 days plus a week but I suspect that if the same school didn't keep asking me back it would be a very different story.