1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

supply primary teaching

Discussion in 'Primary' started by abbott1579, May 9, 2012.

1. can anyone help out,
    I am a qualified primary teacher, however I have been out of work for three years after having my family.
    My question is how do I go about becoming a supply teacher with fife council.
    When I came out of work I never had a permanent contract, so was on supply. but am no longer on the list now and wish to get back on it?
    Any advice? thanks

2. can anyone help out,
    I am a qualified primary teacher, however I have been out of work for three years after having my family.
    My question is how do I go about becoming a supply teacher with fife council.
    When I came out of work I never had a permanent contract, so was on supply. but am no longer on the list now and wish to get back on it?
    Any advice? thanks

3. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

I'm not on Fife so can't be specific but why don't you try phoning the education department in the council? They should be able to point you in the right direction. Failing that, try visiting schools directly to give them your CV. I've now got a permanent job so no longer on supply but in my area there is almost no direct supply work any more, its almost all through agencies.