1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply pay

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by LaurenB4000, Jan 23, 2019.

1. LaurenB4000

LaurenB4000 New commenter

I have been asked to inform the MLD school I am working for what my supply salary is. I have no idea as have always worked through an agency. Anyone out there experienced in this? I don't know what is the average daily rate? Also, I may be required to do some intervention work (a few hours here and there); what does a teacher generally charge for their hourly rate? Could the school use MPS to work it out? Sorry for all the questions...just want some guidance on what is seen as an acceptable daily and hourly rate - thank you!

2. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

Giving the amount of bleating (and bragging in my case) about rates on this forum, I'm surprised that any supply doesn't know what they are paid as a daily rate on any given day. Agencies pay whatever they can get away with.

Quite simply it varies enormously, Mrs Cazorla is currently receiving £202 a day (through a UC so take-home just under £130) but other posters, in Wales especially, report £120 a day being good. If the agency has got away with CS rates then £70 seems accurate. You could just divide the Daily rate by 6 to get an approximation of an hourly rate.

Unless you're being asked what the agency gets for your daily work (which no supply can be sure of) I really can't see why you can't just look at a payslip.

agathamorse likes this.