1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply its a lottery

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Boba Fett, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Boba Fett

Boba Fett New commenter

Quite seriously nothing beats being a supply teacher not even winning the lottery and I should know because I havent even won the lottery yet.

2. Boba Fett

Boba Fett New commenter

Quite seriously nothing beats being a supply teacher not even winning the lottery and I should know because I havent even won the lottery yet.

3. ...no, I haven't won the lottery either, but after many years of teaching, there are loads of things that beats being a supply teacher, e.g. working as a prostitute, or what about being a Premiership fotball manager, or maybe an X-Factor contestant....no wait..........an agency consultant....now thats a job worth having...!!

4. Supply teaching certainly resembles a lottery- if you buy a ticket and pick your numbers every week they never come up. Feeling deflated, you decide not to bother buying a ticket this week. Sods law- your numbers come up, you could have won yourself a few million.

You can be ready and geared up for a day of supply- set your alarm for a ridiculous time, showered, made a packed lunch. No phonecall. Eventually you get sick of sitting in your dining room in formal clothes drinking tea from your flask and eating your packed sandwich so you turn off your alarm and snooze on. This is the day you get a phonecall- can you be in this school an hour away from your home in 15 mins?! No, no I cannot.

Supply teaching, the job of kings.