1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply in the London area

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by pob1888, Jan 16, 2012.

1. pob1888

pob1888 New commenter

Hi guys im an ICT NQT, have been lucky enough to have been in long term supply since around June, when I graduated, up until now, have managed to get the first term of my NQT done. Im planning on moving to London in the coming weeks when I finish up here (Liverpool). Just wondering is there much supply work available in London? I will be living in the Hackney area. If I cant get supply I was thinking maybe of trying to get work as a TA.
    Thanks.

2. pob1888

pob1888 New commenter

anyone?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Not my area, but might I suggest that the lack of replies 'says it all!'. There probably isn't any!

4. None has come my way in the last nine months! I have heard it said that you might be better off in another large city. There might be relatively more 'opportunities' in London, but there are far my potential supply teachers looking for work, especially from overseas. Competition in somewhere like Liverpool or Birmingham might not be so great.

5. pob1888

pob1888 New commenter

Thanks for the replies guys, supply here is not great, theres FAR too many teachers here, and a lot of teacher training unis considering the population here. Theres also LOTS of teachers from Ireland here also on top of the locals.