1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply in St Helens area

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by busybee70, Aug 21, 2018.

1. busybee70

busybee70 New commenter

Hi all, I am hoping to join an agency and because I have kids was hoping to limit myself to agencies in st helens... possibly consider wigan and west lancs. I am art secondary which I know there isn't much about. I would consider cover superviser or classroom assistant at a push if I was getting a higher end rate. I have also done a lot of SEN work over the years. So far I have spoke to Milk Supply? Do they have a lot of schools on their lists as they say they have? How has anyone found them? CER and AXIS. Thanks, Kind regards, Bee

pepper5 likes this.
  2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi busybee

Welcome to the forum.

We are not allowed to mention specific agencies by name under the terms and conditions of the site. However, someone may see your post and contact you through the private message system on this site,

Being an art teacher will not be a problem since a lot of work at secondary is general cover work anyway where you won't be covering your subject but any subject. You won't need to take on cover supervisor work or TA work.

You could make a list of all the schools near to you that you want to work at. Phone the schools and find out if they will use you directly without an agency. If they say they only use agencies ask them which ones they use on a regular basis.

Hope this helps.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

pepper beat me to it.

pepper5 likes this.