1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

supply in Lincolnshire?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Happyregardless, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Happyregardless

Happyregardless Occasional commenter

Does anyone work on (primary) supply in Lincolnshire? what are levels of work like here compared to rest of UK?
    advice on any particular areas to avoid or go to? thanks

pepper5 likes this.
  2. Happyregardless

heh! I'm guessing it's quiet in this region then? Best stay put lol! :p

3. agathamorse

agathamorse Occasional commenter

Hi! Sorry for not replying sooner. I’ve been busy in my new maternity contract job. I live in Lincolnshire in Grantham and there is lots of primary supply all over the county. Lincoln has lots of primary schools. But Lincolnshire is a big county and agencies are always trying to get supply for some of the more out of the way locations such as in the middle of the fens or Skegness. I state a maximum time that I am willing to travel as distances can be deceptive due to several A roads not being dual carriageways. I’m secondary MFL but tended to do a lot of primary day to day, medium and long term bookings. Of course it’s quiet now but last year things picked up after October half term and if I wanted to I could have worked every day of the week. I was doing secondary long term supply three days a week and primary day to day on the other two days for the whole of the spring term. Then fully booked on primary day to day until May. I took the summer off due to ill health. Hope that this is of some use to you.

Happyregardless, install and pepper5 like this.
  4. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

If you're already working in a school then there's an obvious place to ask your question.

The Staff Room, in there, dodging the tumbleweed are a selection of supply teachers. Just befriend a few of those and ask away. This assumes you can find the time to get there yourself!

I'm in West Yorks and Secondary so no use for any other specifics.

pepper5 likes this.
  5. Happyregardless

Thanks this is really helpful - I know travelling would be different compared to motorway and road links here, as I've been on holiday in Lincolnshire. Good to know there tends to be supply work still though.

John, thanks as well - just pondering at the moment really? At the moment not in perm post, but most staffrooms I attend on supply are pretty friendly so people may have relatives that know various areas etc so this is still viable.

I have a house and work here, but just that my area is becoming more and more built on and was looking at options of more rural areas for hosue move - but 'rural' as in nice land and home but still access to work and transport links.

agathamorse likes this.