1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply- declare pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by german_1, May 10, 2019.

1. german_1

german_1 New commenter

I am signing up for a supply agency today, I am 6 weeks pregnant. Do I declare it to them or not??? We haven’t even told family yet as it’s so early on. I don’t want to be sent to rough primary’s or PRUs for my own safety but don’t want to be discriminated against either...... (I know legally they can’t but I fear they will). Also not sure what it means for them having to pay me statutory mat pay if I am still working for them way down the line.....

any advice welcome.
    Thanks

2. agathamorse

agathamorse Occasional commenter

First of all congratulations. You can declare it if you wish or just decline places with bad behaviour. Btw the agency won't pay SMP as they're not technically your employer but you will be able to claim maternity allowance if you've earned enough in the preceding months. Check out maternity allowance on the Internet to find out the details.