1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply ASNA Scotland

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by moycee, Jun 13, 2017.

1. moycee

moycee New commenter

Hi!
    I was wondering if someone could give me a bit of advice based on their experiences.
    I recently moved up to Scotland and I am looking to work as an additional support needs assistant or classroom assistant and have applied to be on the supply register for a couple of local authorities.
    As it is all very different up her compared to England I have a few questions-
    Do you tend to get given full time hours as supply? (This is what I stated I wanted.)
    Are you usually based in one school or moved around week to week?
    Will I need to be able to start on the first day of term? (Just thinking about notice period for current job.)

Any help would be really appreciated!

2. bonxie

bonxie Senior commenter

In our authority ASN and classroom assistants are usually employed by the council for the school they will be in. There are also relief assistants called in if someone is absent. A list of relief assistants, who have already been interviewed and appointed, is kept by the council along with the schools they are willing to travel to.