1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply/Application Form-current employment and salary

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by frenchouille, May 26, 2020.

1. frenchouille

frenchouille New commenter

Hi, I've had 3 short to long term full time placement with 2 different agencies since last October. I am now looking and applying for a permanent teaching position .
    I am really at a loss to know how to fill in these application forms correctly.
    My question is: What would you write on the Current Employment section in terms of
    1-Name of Schools and types of schools? if you have worked at 3 different schools with 2 agencies?
    2- Name of Employer? if you worked for 2 different agencies
    3-.Pay Scale? if you are paid on a daily rate that do not reflect your real teacher's salary (used to be on UPS3), and also paid on different rates depending on which agencies you are working for.

Many thanks for your help..

2. phatsals

phatsals Senior commenter

Put UPS3 and ask the schools you taught at if they would give you a reference, not the agencies. If you taught in one school more than the other put them as your last employer. Reason for leaving, end of contract.

Your application is part of an initial screening process, make it look as good as you can from an employers point of view.

frenchouille likes this.
  3. greeneyes

greeneyes Occasional commenter

I’ve been working on long term supply posts since January 2016. When I apply for permanent posts I always write the school, never the agency.

frenchouille likes this.