1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply and SOWs

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Lara mfl 05, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

In all my 16 years of supply I've never been asked to do SoW, although I have done so voluntarily.

2. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

I have about 12 years of supply experience now, during that time I have only been asked once to "contribute" towards a draft scheme of work for a new Advanced level subject the school had recently introduced. An Ofsted inspection was due soon, not that this had anything to do with it of course.[​IMG]
    The school was very grateful for my efforts recognising that it was more then supply teachers are normally recognised to do.
    I think that you are being taken advantage of but I suppose that's to be expected in the current job market.[​IMG]

3. Once a contract has been agreed upon and signed no-one can change it without consultation and agreement. Of course as an independent school they can always dismiss you and then offer a revised contract. After all you have to have worked for an employer for 12 months to be able to claim for unfair dismissal.