1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply and Permanent Position

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Debs2102, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Hi, my husband lost his job today.

I teach 0.6 at the moment with no scope to go to full time. Can I teach supply even though I hold a permanent position?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me which is much appreciated.

Debs x

2. Hi, my husband lost his job today.

I teach 0.6 at the moment with no scope to go to full time. Can I teach supply even though I hold a permanent position?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me which is much appreciated.

Debs x

3. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

Yes I believe so. You could join an agency and tell them you're only available for the 2 days of the week you don't work, or approach schools directly and let them know. The other option may be supply in your own school for those 2 days?? You could even get another 0.4 contract for those 2 days, though I'm guessing this is a) unlikely (need to find a school that happens to need a teacher for the exact days you want and won't mind that you can't be flexible) and b) a logistical nightmare.
    Be prepared though - supply doesn't pay very much (esp if you are top of the scale) and there's not a huge amount about :( Are you secondary or primary?

4. Hi thanks so much for your reply. I'm primary and am going to look into supply/offer to do occasional additional days at my school.

Thank you again and merry Christmas x

5. that's exactly what i will be doing in th NY ...........0.6 in an FE college whilst supplying in primary!