1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply and Induction (Wales)

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by welshsunshine1, Jan 26, 2011.

1. I know there has been some confusion about this issue, and I was worried about it myself as I have been out 4 years and not started induction yet. I wrote to the GTCW and this is their reply. Thought it would clear up any confusion!

Firstly the date you qualified would be the date that shows on your QTS certificate and not the date you received the certificate.
    After this extra 2 years you can still work towards completing Induction in Wales but you would not be able to carry out short term supply work.

2. I know there has been some confusion about this issue, and I was worried about it myself as I have been out 4 years and not started induction yet. I wrote to the GTCW and this is their reply. Thought it would clear up any confusion!

Firstly the date you qualified would be the date that shows on your QTS certificate and not the date you received the certificate.
    After this extra 2 years you can still work towards completing Induction in Wales but you would not be able to carry out short term supply work.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

In addition you can comlete induction in England and it will be recognised in Wales- vice versa and this also goes for teachers who have completed individual terms.