I have recently started working with supply agencies. A few days ago, one of my agencies asked (or rather, persuaded me) to let them put my CV forward for a job interview for a longer term contract. Although I would welcome a regular income again, now they have finally told me the school, it is one that I do not really want to go to. It is a tough, inner-city school, but it will also take me an hour and a quarter to get there, with several changes on the way. For me, I feel this is not what I want, but now my consultant has told me that she has arranged an interview for me on Thursday - and, although it is for a year 3 contract, to start after half-term, the interview will be in year 2. Initially, she had arranged it (without consulting me) for 9am tomorrow morning. I reminded her that I had a day of work booked through her, and explained that I could not really afford to lose a day's pay, with half-term coming up. She was not happy and said that my priority should be this (the interview), that my day's work could be cancelled. I politely told her that my current priority was to be able to pay my rent. I felt quite angry with this consultant - I have found her pushy, extremely economical with the truth, and manipulative, since I registered with this agency. Right at the beginning, the consultant told me to keep the Monday afternoon free for an interview - they just needed to let her know the interview times. Friday came, and no notification - except to say that she would ring me over the weekend - the head at the school just needed to confirm interview times. She stressed again that I needed to keep the Monday afternoon free, which I did. Since July, I have had only 2 and a half days work with them. The first day was at a Secondary school (I am Primary trained) as a cover supervisor, for far, far less pay than for teaching. She did not tell me that it was a secondary school until I got there. Nor did she explain to me what Cover Supervisor was (I thought it was just another term for Cover Teacher). She just said she'd got some work for me when she rang me early in the morning. Then, on my next day with them, she sent me to a school which was a long way off and difficult to get to. It was in year 6 (there was the quantity and depth of marking you might reasonably expect for year 6). She did not tell me that it was only for half a day, and again, I did not find this out until I got there. I felt a little silly when I asked at the school where I would be in the afternoon and was told I was only there for the morning. By the time I had marked and travelled home, it was almost a days work - with half a day's pay, of course. I could have at least made an informed decision about taking the work if I had known it was for half a day at the outset. Due to these things and two other matters, where this person tried to push me into sending off my CV to very similar schools to the one I have the interview for, despite my polite, but repeated exertions that I did not wish this, I feel a little mistrust towards her. I am wondering now, though, if I have to go for the interview on Thursday. Apart from the fact that I feel the school is not for me and the journey is quite long, I may have the chance of work with another (very good) agency on that day. Would it be unprofessional to tell her that I do not wish to go for this? There is a full interview, complete with 45 min observation, which I will need to prepare for - and although it is good experience, I do not really feel like putting myself through this when I know I do not want to go to this school. If I did go, and was offered the position, would I be obliged to accept it? I would be grateful for any constructive comments. Thank you.