1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply agency owes me money, what can I do?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Patriziapg, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Patriziapg

Patriziapg New commenter

Hi,
    I am new to supply. My first job was with Abacus education and I did 2 weeks for them in the same school. They told me the daily rate was £140 , but then they paid me £119.
    I have been calling and emailing them but they are ignoring me. Even my umbrella company, Racs, have been trying to get in touch with them, with no luck.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get the money they owe me back without having to take legal action?
    Thanks

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Do you have all the confirmation emails stating the rate they agreed to pay? They owe you just over two hundred pounds which is just on the borderline of being worth it to claim in the small claims court. Go to the CAB's web site where they explain how to write a letter before action and then if you don't get an response, you can file a claim in the small claims track. The procedure is not complicated and the court fee is £35.00 or £25.00 if you file it online. You may find that if you send a letter before action that will motivate them to pay you. :)

gingerhobo48 and nearmiss like this.
  3. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

Agree with above, get all your evidence and then write (registered) saying you regret that if they do not pay up within 14 days, you will take the matter to the small claims court.

They will soon pay.

cole1978 and pepper5 like this.
  4. elvispenhaligon

elvispenhaligon New commenter

Then also notify them of your interest rate after a reasonable holiday.

pepper5 likes this.
  5. pjs1111

pjs1111 New commenter

I did some work with an agency of the same name... will PM you.

6. bounceback

bounceback New commenter

7. bounceback

bounceback New commenter

Don't know what happened to my comment following the quote above. I was tired!
    Try again:

I don't know why some agencies behave so badly - surely they know we will share our experiences - and now we all know to avoid Abacus Education. Not a great marketing tactic.