1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply Agency around south Essex area

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by heva88, Mar 22, 2016.

1. heva88

heva88 New commenter

Hi,

I will be moving from Cardiff to this area and I'm wondering which agency would be the best to sign up with. I've got several years experience of being a supply teacher and will be looking for short term teaching/ long term TA work.

I'll be looking more specifically in the area of Dartford, Gravesend. Grays, Basildon and Romford.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. ALWatson

ALWatson New commenter

I'm not sure they go as far south as you have mentioned but I live in Braintree in Essex and would highly recommend 4 My Schools. They are especially good for day-to-day supply (I always get work) and they are very professional and organised. Google their website. Welcome to Essex!

3. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

Since when has this forum provided free advertising for agencies?

4. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

In my experience, and that of others I have known, 4MySchools are ****. I signed up with them three years ago, as they claimed they could find me work in Berks and Bucks, but I never heard anything more from them.

5. heva88

heva88 New commenter

Since I am in desperate need for advice. I've been messed around with rubbish agencies in the past and am hoping this doesn't happen again!

6. heva88

heva88 New commenter

Thanks, it's this type of thing I need to avoid. With a young child and another on the way I will be in need of somewhere reliable and competent.

7. heva88

heva88 New commenter

Further to this? does anyone know which agencies pay through racs?

I will be going on maternity leave in October and I want to protect my maternity pay as much as possible which means getting paid through RACS when I move.

A few agency names would be helpful please!