1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply agency and school names

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Ronson, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Ronson

Ronson New commenter

Is it normal for agency a to ask the school name when i've told them i'm working for agency b? I havent told them but it seems a tad unusual. Has anyone else encountered this, and do I tell them?

2. Ronson

Ronson New commenter

Is it normal for agency a to ask the school name when i've told them i'm working for agency b? I havent told them but it seems a tad unusual. Has anyone else encountered this, and do I tell them?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It's common with some - I used to be vague. "In York" was my stock answer. It's none of their business.

4. I've just joined another agency and wasn't going to tell agency I was already with but 2nd agency have said i must use other agency for a reference. Is this really necessary? I worry that when 1st agrncy know i've registered somewhere else they will give me even less work than they have already. Although it could work in my favour that i get more pre booked work. What has been your experience?

5. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

In my experience the opposite is true, if one agency believes that you are getting work from some other source they will try harder to keep happy

6. Was worried about that too. Signed up with diff agency about 6 weeks ago and my normal agency is giving me more work since!

7. Well just had a call for pre booked work later this week. Most of work i,ve had up till now has been last minute....................and i mean last minute some mornings 8.45am for all day work, so looks like it may work in my favour:)

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I only work for one agency, so if I get wind of another agency being used in a school where I work I'll let my agent know - they appreciate the heads up. I also keep my ear to the ground about possible future absences in subjects other than my own, ie maternity leaves, and pass the details on. Every little helps.

9. "2nd agency have said I must use other agency for a reference" In my experience agency references are not considered good enough.

10. I have always been open about the fact I work for more then one agency. I work for three agencies and find they tend to compete with each other to find me work,when it's busy. I've had longer term contracts and usually get asked," when will you be available to come back and work for us?" If you prove you can do a good job it's not a problem as they all then want you to work for them. One agency always ask who I'm working for and on one occasion actually said," we did introduce you to the school you know." SUPRISINGLY some schools I work at no longer use them because of their attitude. They pay far less than the others and dont find as much work as they used to.