1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply agencies - what cut do they take for a day's supply?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by hasupply, Jan 18, 2011.

1. it's dependant on the school and the agreements that are in place. The teachers pay rate doesn't tend to move a great deal but the charge rate does. For a school who use a lot of supply, the margin can be as little as £15-£20, for schools that don't use a great deal then the margin can be a lot higher.
    It's all dependant on circumstances, consultants aren't targeting purely on margin but amount of work they bring in, so if they can gaurantee 10 bookings on a low margin as opposed to nothing then it's a no brainer.

2. A few years ago, I was with S_____ E_______ and got £85 pre tax. The cost was about twice that (no VAT either)

3. Several years ago...
    Me fresh virgin NQT doing a bit of supply, school billed £200, I keep £130-£145.

4. Wow, you did well then! I am on UPS2 but only get £120 a day, I am really struggling.

5. Quick question, what is the margin? I am on supply at the moment, getting margin, fees, employee NI and employer NI and tax taken off! By the sounds of it, margin is the agency putting their fee onto me...is that correct?

6. Last term or "the good old days" (pre the last coupla weeks Massive LA cuts) an average agency charged a school £190 and paid the teacher £125.
    Now the margin on zero is *** all.
    Or can anyone tell me some better news?
    Please?