1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supply agencies in South Wales

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by louiseelsiet, Jul 11, 2007.

1. louiseelsiet

louiseelsiet New commenter

Hi,
    Looks like I'll be doing supply in September as I've not managed to secure a permanent job yet and doesn't look like happening soon!

Anyway, was wondering what agencies are the best in South Wales for finding work. Have signed up with New Directions and am just about to register with Bridgend county.

Are there any other agencies that are good for finding work in Bridgend, Vale, Neath Port Talbot in the first instance and Swansea and Rhondda areas occasionally? Am prepared to travel as I drive and really want a full weeks work every week. How likely is this?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

2. louiseelsiet

louiseelsiet New commenter

Hi,
    Looks like I'll be doing supply in September as I've not managed to secure a permanent job yet and doesn't look like happening soon!

Anyway, was wondering what agencies are the best in South Wales for finding work. Have signed up with New Directions and am just about to register with Bridgend county.

Are there any other agencies that are good for finding work in Bridgend, Vale, Neath Port Talbot in the first instance and Swansea and Rhondda areas occasionally? Am prepared to travel as I drive and really want a full weeks work every week. How likely is this?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

3. New directions has been good for me! 2 long term placements from feb-summer term half term.

4. Ring Introteach they are the highest paying fastest expanding agency in Wales they are all ex headteachers and have so many contacts in those areas, they got me my induction started in bridgend, ring katy on 01446 773978

5. When i was on supply new directions were the best for me. Had constant work for years before i went full time. Depends on your subject though!

6. teacher0

teacher0 New commenter

I know people that have been over paid and under paid with new directions.