1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suppliers

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by mattrobins, Aug 16, 2011.

1. <u></u>
    Good evening people
    I'm having a bit of a nightmare with my current IT supplier this summer. They are never delivering when they say they say they will and to be honest I dont think they are giving me the best price. I have had a look online but theres so many I'm not sure where to start as I fancy changing and seeing how it goes.
    Has anyone had any good experiences with any recently? Obviously price is key but I'm looking for someone whos quite easy to deal with, maybe also who provide an online buying tool? I've used RM in the past plus a few others.....not sure where to turn really....
    Any help is mucho appreciated.
    Cheers folks.

2. <u></u>
    Good evening people
    I'm having a bit of a nightmare with my current IT supplier this summer. They are never delivering when they say they say they will and to be honest I dont think they are giving me the best price. I have had a look online but theres so many I'm not sure where to start as I fancy changing and seeing how it goes.
    Has anyone had any good experiences with any recently? Obviously price is key but I'm looking for someone whos quite easy to deal with, maybe also who provide an online buying tool? I've used RM in the past plus a few others.....not sure where to turn really....
    Any help is mucho appreciated.
    Cheers folks.

3. We hunt around for everything and have found the following to be useful:

Spire - Next day delivery, tend to be more desktop focused. Excellent pricing and good account manager.

Ebuyer - Next day delivery at a price. Cheap and will take returns without arguing. Good for servers

Misco - Amazing deals on newish refurb PCs and servers.

Insight - Good for HP servers. Also worth watching for special HP desktop and server deals.

Probrand - Servers, desktops and infrastructure

PC World business - Servers, desktops and infrastructure

Kenable - The most ridiculously cheap networking hardware on the planet

Hills - Headphones, misc small hardware, etc. (ridiculously cheap)

Ash Distribution - Headphones, misc small hardware, etc. (ridiculously cheap)

There are also many small suppliers we use but off the top of my head I can't list all of them. We do however have Fairline Distribution just down the road and they are handy for when we need something right now as they are within 30 mins. driving distance.