1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Superheroes

Discussion in 'Primary' started by alexanderosman, Jul 14, 2015.

1. alexanderosman

alexanderosman Occasional commenter

i am doing a Superhero topic in a ks2 class next year, and I really like the idea of giving every child a superhero kit on the first day, but am stuck on what to actually put in it. Any ideas? I want things that will stimulate the learning and raise questions, not just a bit of fun.

2. K_Bey94

K_Bey94 New commenter

Do you mean things they can use throughout the topic? These are two ideas that just sprung into my mind;

- Could give each of them a superhero mask (you can get really cheap foam black ones in shops like poundland etc) and these can be their 'thinking masks'. A bit of a play on when teachers ask students to 'put on your thinking hats' but with these they'll actually have something to put on to stimulate them when you need it!

- Superhero Logos. So Batman's bat logo is flashed in the air when help is needed, you could find a logo (silhouette of the school's logo, class logo etc) or get the children to design their own superhero logos and have them on a yellow bit of card for these to be held in the air to show that the child needs help.

3. teslagirls1

teslagirls1 New commenter

Have a look on Pinterest for some fab superhero ideas. There are lots of threads about it.

4. cleggy1611

cleggy1611 New commenter

The marvel website let's you create your own super hero and create an online comic book where you can add your own hero and speech bubbles.

5. alexanderosman

alexanderosman Occasional commenter

Thanks K_Bey those were the kinds of things I was looking for.

Tesla girls I do use Pinterest which is where I got the idea from initially, but I'm after specific things to go in the kits as I said in my op.

6. teslagirls1

teslagirls1 New commenter

Sorry but I'm not a superhero and don't possess psychic powers so didn't know you had checked out Pinterest already!! How about superhero special ability cards or badges but with learning powers like perseverance or initiative on them rather than x-ray vision etc. Children could decide which learning special ability they need to tackle a challenge/mission you provide?

7. Waiguoren

Waiguoren Occasional commenter

A Green Lantern ring? His two superpowers are willpower and imagination, with which he can create anything. The children can be encouraged to use willpower to never give up, and imagination to find ways to solve problems.

8. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

There are Batman and Superman templates on Tagul to make your class list into a stunning word cloud / front cover / door sign / etc.