1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

superhead defrauded flagship academy schools out of thousands of pounds

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Treefayre2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Treefayre2

Treefayre2 Established commenter

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ah it's a one off, not endemic, no evidence of corruption... one bad apple ... blah blah blah

Whole system is collapsing... shame the reputation of teaching will go down the toilet with it but it looks to be going that way.

3. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I thought I was beginning to detect a shift away from teacher bashing, easy life, long holidays etc, etc, towards an understanding of the stresses of the job. There seemed to be a little more support from the general public, a realisation that it's not the cushy number people thought, despite vowing that they would never do it themselves.

@lanokia is right. The reputation will go down the toilet, teachers will be money grabbing wasters, the edifice will crumble.

4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Mind you, I know of two LA schools where the heads left very suddenly after financial irregularities came to light. Probably with some pay. It's partly the reason for both subsequently being academised.

5. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

It's always best to get the professionals in for this sort of thing.

lexus300 likes this.
  6. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

More than £60million of taxpayers' money has been spent on developing the schools within the federation.

:eek::mad:

7. darklord11

darklord11 Occasional commenter

Superhead = Super A hole
    Nothing super about these people, they use the same old formula of removing expensive staff and bringing in lots of cheaper younger staff who are asked to work themselves into the ground. Results improve a little and Superhead moves on to next set of victims plus big bonus. They leave a trail of wreckage behind them.
    Make an example of this cheating fraudster head by sticking them in a courtroom. Cowards that run education wouldn't want to be embarrassed but don't mind thousands of experienced staff beinging hounded out.

8. VanEyssen

VanEyssen Established commenter

He is in court. That's the OP.

9. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

It needs to be 'very public', will the media respond? Pressure may be brought to bear!

10. VanEyssen

I think the Daiy Mail, Sun and Mirror and local press are very public and media.

11. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I cannot get my breath. But setting apart his embezzlement, corruption, etc (which need no additional comment from me) - what was this federation doing buying an "equestrian centre" and some lavish pile in France - with taxpayers' money given for the education of children?

TCSC47 likes this.
  12. Mangleworzle

I thought I'd seen something about this before, so I googled him:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=richard+gilliland&ie=&oe=

Bottom of the page: Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe.

Looks like someone has been busy trying to sweep things under the carpet.

13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Making their profit.

14. VanEyssen

There are other people with that name, like in the Waltons. Use Google. Com for unfiltered results.

15. Mangleworzle

Are they criminals too?

16. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

The Head employed his wife, his son and his daughter (as a consultant.) She had to go on a fact finding mission to somewhere like Mauritius. The equestrian centre has now been sold on by the way

17. VanEyssen

You don't have to be a criminal to want stuff about you on the internet to be hidden.

18. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

The News of the World was about to print a big expose on the Head but some bigger news story happened. (which will come back to me at some point - was about 4/5 years ago)

19. Mangleworzle

Why have you changed your name again Madge? How many is that now, 5? 6?

I'm sure it's just coincidence that you appear to be defending a rich crook.

20. darklord11

darklord11 Occasional commenter

Your right, what I meant was if found guilty then send him to prison none of the suspended bull that these people get. It's the first time they have been caught probably not the first fraud committed I GUESS.