1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Super Speed Soup

Discussion in 'Personal' started by laticsbird, Jan 9, 2012.

1. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

Hi - this has probably been done before but I just wanted to add my thoughts about it. I've just made a batch of the stuff to freeze and use for my dinners at school all week. I've still got quite a bit left over so I've heated some up and chucked in some of that black pepper spam for my hubby's tea. He thinks it's great!
    Has anyone else tried this recipe (minus the spam) and lost a significant amount of weight? I'm determined to fit back into my size 10 clothes - and pretty sharpish;)
    x

2. You will lose weight - but if its the slimming world version you will also represent Great Britain in the Olympic Farting competition.

3. Dieted once after stopping smoking and gaining about 20lbs. I don't know the specific name, but basically you ate homemade veg soup and fruit. No pots or bread/carbs. ( You were allowed some steak after about 3 days, but I don't eat meat.) And on that tack- you don't need to eat meat... Anyway- yes, I felt a bit hungry but quite healthy and lost 5-7 lbs a week which stayed off.

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Bethannie is the slowcooker Queen on here, check out the Cookery forum.

5. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

[​IMG]
    I do love my slow-cooker!
    And I make loads of soup!
    Any non-starchy veggies plus a no-fat stock will make a low-cal/low-fat soup which will help with weight loss. But you need proteins and carbs and (dare I say it) fat in your daily diet.
    There is no one 'magic' soup to shed the pounds. If there were it would be on prescription here and in the US to combat the obesity problem!
    I did a delicious Sprout and Cabbage soup....I'll be eating some of that today....and when my veg box comes tomorrow I'm planning on Jerusalem Artichoke soup.....I think I'm getting a BNS too - so there'll be another soup on the go - I just love BNS soup with a good dash of chilli!

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

You need fat to get the fat soluble vitamins A and D, plus fat protects all your internal organs, plus we all have a layer of fat under the skin, keeps us warm.
    Carbs are needed for energy, however carbs in excess are processed by the body and stored as fat for use when needed. So do ensure that you have some fat-good fat like olive oil and butter, and carbs-good carbs like wholewheat starches and fruit sugars.

7. I did meatballs last night in the slow cooker and some friends stopped round for tea and were suitably impressed with my cooking not realising how easy it was.

8. Sounds like a great idea if made nice chunky veg and will help fill you up. Hate the stuff that is like water. Remember when my cooker broke last year and i borrowed a slow cooker from my mum. Made some lovely stews but being a bloke was not the best at planning ahead! Was good to slow cook on a timer over night. Keep us updated with the weight loss?