1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Super Hero Bee-Bot

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lourina, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I'm a trainee teacher and for part of my course I have to make a resource. My teacher and I have decided it would be a good idea to make a Bee-bot resource, with grids and jackets for the superhero theme. Any ides how I would go about it, and possibly design and print on a larger scale.
    Many thanks

2. comenius

comenius New commenter

It's pretty easy to make beebot grids, the squares are 15cm x 15cm. I just fasten two large sheets together and draw out the grid, then either get the children to draw things in the squares or print images off the internet/take photos of things to put on the grid and then cover it all with sticky back plastic (this is the trickiest bit!).
    The grid could have random superhero images on it or have images from a story you've shared together or a map of a superhero's flight/rescue or the children could decide on the theme of the grid.

3. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

Dunelm Mill sell plastic table protector by the metre. I drew my grid on this with indelible pen and then just lay it over the map etc we have made. Just hold it in place with a bit of blue tack or velcro spots.

4. comenius

comenius New commenter

What a brilliant idea - I'll be off to buy some next week - thanks :0)

5. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

The link below is for Roamer not Bee Bot but applies generally. Roamer grid is 30 x 30. The activities are all free to download and cover reception to Y3. Includes routes and mats.
    http://www.ks1resources.co.uk/page2.html

6. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

They sell similar stuff on ebay too (not sure if it's as thick?).

7. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

For Roamer I got a (very) large off cut of (kitchen) floor covering given by the local shop for free - I went in and asked. That was for Roamer, double the scale of Bee-Bot but it would work just as well on a smaller scale.

8. Thanks eveyone for your help! Off to Dunelm too :)