1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Super duper new up to the minute smartboard being fitted over the holidays!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Apr 3, 2012.

1. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Sorry to be thick, but what does the spotlight tool look like? I can't find it anywhere!

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

If you wan to use it at home ask the techie guy or It co-0rdinator for the password to make a copy onto you own laptop.computer( if its a laptop from school they might do it for you)..that way you can prepare work at home and save it as a file in your pen drive and load back up when you get in.....plus if its smart board once you have access at home you can use smart board resources......on their site....... then use these in school.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Oooo hadn't thought of that! MUST MUST remember this!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

If you go in to school before the end of term and find your Smartboard number at the side/bottom of the board, you can install Smartboard yourself without having to wait.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Really? I was thinking of trying to do that on the school laptop but I don't have full admin rights, so I'm not sure I can. But I would like it all up and ready to do on day 1.

6. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

If you have RM network you'll need an administrator to install anything. Hope you enjoy it, I'm going to try out the freeze button and check for better choice of orientation! A useful thread, I know I just the basics on mine.

7. Thank you for starting this thread. Lots of new ideas to use on my IWB. I fond myself constantly recycling all of the old ideas I always use. Will be a nice surprise for the children to have new IWB activities!

8. The spotlight tool is one of the floating tools you can add. you need to go to All programs. smartboard tools, click on the icon that looks like a cog and you will then get the option to add the spotlight to your floating tools.

9. l've found the spotlight tool, which is one l'd used before and forgotton about, so thank you for reminding me.
    Is there any way to get it on the main toolbar? Just think if l don't put it there l'll forget it again!
    Also forgotton about the magic text trick which l'd used before too - off to play now!
    PM