1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sun's out, Legs out...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2113, Jun 27, 2011.

1. I put my halter neck top on this morning and the postman fell off his bike....Oh yes, I've still got it. :¬))

2. I enjoy it!!
    I enjoy the short skirts and the short skirts! Of course there are some mingers but there are some hotties too!!

3. thebigonion

thebigonion New commenter

Then there's the dark side; I ended up following a sixth former down the corridor a minute ago - she seemed to be composed entirely of legs.
    Slightly disconcerting.

4. Looking is ok! Following - thats bad!

5. Sun's out?
    Is it?
    Not here, it's not.
    *wail*

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Hot and humid here. Personally I am delighted, having spent last week in Tunisia when it was raining here to find I've brought the weather back with me (albeit temporarily!).
    [​IMG]

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

No sun here either. :-(
    In fact, I can count the number of sunny days thus far in June on the fingers of one hand.
    Seriously hoping for better in July.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

My legs are whiter than white - for years I've avoided being bare legged for that reason alone. No more...if ever we have some sun up here I WILL expose my legs and I don't care a hoot if it upsets some folk to see natural colouring! (They are, however, slim and rather shapely!)

9. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

[​IMG] Like Seren says... Although mine were semi out today, wore a dress and went with cropped leggings in an attempt to add some colour before my hol - they've not seen the sun in MANY years!

10. I don't know why having 'white' legs is such an issue. I hate it when I see comments in magazines about how someone looks saying they should get some 'fake tan'. No-one would ever look at a black or Asian person and say they need to get some skin lightening cream! I am pale and I am proud, why should my celtic heritage be mocked?!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

In my very dim and distant past I tried desperately to get my legs to tan but nothing has been invented to make that particular shade of Scottish blue-white go golden in the sun! Fake tan always looks fake and always goes patchy on me and I allowed embarrassment to stop me allowing air around my legs. Well...no more! The OP has reminded me how irritated I get when white-ness is slagged off as though it is a sin of some sort!

12. I have found that after deciding not to be ashamed of my celtic white legs and getting them out they have over the years become slightly more 'golden' (or weathered?!) but not by much. Get them out!

13. Heatwave here - I emptied my paper recyling bin today (one of those crate things) and filled it with water and stuck my feet in it under my desk. Had two ventilators blowing on full blast and was still melting.
    36° C today and tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter.... by at least 4 degrees.

14. Not only are my legs a glorious shade of milk, I turn lobster red at the mere hint of sunlight so tend to be covered in factor 'can't get much higher than this'! Doesn't stop me flaunting my milk bottles though, I just send out a general warning for sunglasses first.

15. L'Oreal does a spray tan, you can buy it for fair skin, medium skin and dark skin.
    It is good - and it does not make you go orange, nor does it have that "smell".
    I use the one for fair skin (as I am a fair English rose, tee hee) and it gives you a nice sun-kissed look. Not tangoed.
    Having said that - even using it does not really make me look less like a milk bottle, compared to Germans.
    My colleagues are very supportive.