1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sunderland Primary GTP Interview HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jeune10, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Hi there everyone,

I have a primary GTP interview at Sunderland Uni soon and i am looking for some advice maybe from someone who had one last year.
    ANY ADVICE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. dav1970

dav1970 New commenter

Hiya
    I'm on the GTP at the moment through Sunderland!
    To get this far you must have something they like but what you can do is first of all, ensure that you are completely clued up on NC, Standards and perhaps the Rose Review. You also need to be honest and passionate about your want to be a teacher. We were asked what we think is required of a modern teacher and I think if you can answer this question now you do fine.
    Stay calm, look them in the eye, be confident and you will be fine. Don't bullsh*t, just stick to the facts about you and your want to be a teacher. Keep smiling and keep a sense of humour!
    Best of luck. if you get on it, it will be the best thing in the world, I know it is for me. Let me know how you get on and if you need anoy other help either respond to this or personal message me.
    Best of
    D

3. Hi There,
    I have put an application in for Sunderland Uni and have a supporting primary school and I am just trying to do some background planning incase I manage to get called for interview. Is there any advice you can give on what the interview process involves and if there is anything I can do to prepare.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Paul D