1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sunday without planning

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by gymjack, Oct 11, 2015.

1. gymjack

gymjack New commenter

Even a year on how sweet that is.

2. bowriverguy

bowriverguy New commenter

Yes I agree 100% - I just retired end June 2015 (In Calgary, Alberta, Canada) and Sundays are now THE best!

ScotSEN and TheaPine like this.
  3. TheaPine

TheaPine New commenter

A year and a bit on (retired April 2014) I must admit that I still find myself a little twitchy on a Sunday night though. Maybe because my husband is still working - not a teacher but school related. However, once I remind myself that it's OK then I really enjoy it.

ScotSEN likes this.
  4. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

what's 'Sunday' ?

TheaPine likes this.
  5. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Its bliss!

6. Compassman

Compassman Star commenter

I'm a few weeks into my new job (non-teaching) and yes it's strange but it feels good.

7. Lindaminh

Lindaminh New commenter

So agree, it's like reclaiming Sundays. Can't quite believe my luck!

ScotSEN and FolkFan like this.
  8. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

For some time I was commuting weekly - either leaving home Sunday after supper or (very) early Monday morning - weekends then were really curtailed. Not having to do it is wonderful!

ScotSEN likes this.
  9. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I've been teaching for 26 years and have never planned on a Sunday (or a Saturday for that matter!) I often dip into this forum because I'm counting down the days until I retire- only 12 years to go!!:D