1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sunburn and feeling sick

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Frances1985, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, we had sports day today and although I applied suncream this morning, I must have missed a bit on my face as I have a rather fetching red 'strip' across my forehead! Unfortunately I don't have a fringe so it's a bit embarrassing. I have tried putting aloe vera on it but it stung really badly so stopped. Any ideas how to calm it down? I also feel quite sick and have a mild temperature. I think my body hasn't seen sun in so long I've had a bit of a reaction!

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

water
    water
    water.

The sick feeling will be from dehydration!

3. Thanks grandelf, got a big bottle of water out. Also got a pounding headache. I love sports day but me and it don't mix! Last year I fell over and cut my hip! I still have the scar a year later!

4. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

mild sunstroke is my diagnosis - lots of water, and aftersun/moisturiser on the burnt bit. That reminds me I must go and put my sunblock in my bag for sports day tomorrow.