1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summery slow cooking

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by lilachardy, Jul 2, 2011.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

My habit at the moment is to make something in the slow cooker on Sunday, then serve it every which way how over the coming week.
    For example, ast week I did a chilli-ish lentilly ragout (?)! and served it with wedges on Monday, pasta on Tuesday, baked potato on Wednesday, in a wrap on Thursday and with rice on Friday.
    But it's a bit heavy for this lovely weather, which made me notice the slow cooker seems to be better at winter food. Do you have any more summery ideas?

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Summery soups - red pepper and tomato, can be served 'just warm' or chilled.
    Rice pudding - delicious with sumer berries.
    Slow cooked beans with ham...then take the ham out and slice it cold - beans served as a warm/cold beans salad.

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Ok thanks.

Soups are something to think about - I could have a week of soup and x for tea.

I'm not sure I've ever had a warm beany salad... something to think about there too!

<h1>Thanks!</h1>
    Despite the edit function, I'm going to leave in the random large green Thanks!

How DOES it happen?