1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by HunkyDory73, Jul 1, 2015.

1. HunkyDory73

HunkyDory73 New commenter

Hi Supply Teachers,

I've been supply teaching since Easter and just haven't been able to spare any cash for savings. I'm dreading the summer! I was wondering the if anyone had any tips on earning money in the summer. I'm primary trained and live in the north east. Haven't had any luck searching for play schemes for work in the area (Norh East) and my lovely parents have booked a little family trip in the middle of the 6 weeks so I'm out of action then.

All tips gratefully received! Thanks in advance

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi

This topic always comes up around this time and there are other threads about.

The usual things are office work, bar work, or other work through employment agencies.

Some people are able to work in summer schools teaching EFL.

The problem is since schools and colleges are out you are competing with many others.

At a stretch, you could pick fruit but that isn't for everyone and you would not make much.

Some retail places like MacDonald's may employ you for a few weeks. You have to be determined to find something.

You could see if you could register with any nanny agencies as well.

3. elvispenhaligon

elvispenhaligon Occasional commenter

Grow some weed

4. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I've sent you an inbox message xx

5. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

You can get work at the festivals and sporting events. There are some agencies who run that. It's actually a free holiday. The pay at some events is in the form of accommodation and food but it's fun. The daily ones are only national minimum wage.

6. Why don't you sell some of your resources on TES and make a bit of money? Good quality resources need to have a good price. I am also going away this Summer for two nights. I can't wait as I need a well deserved brake. If you have read one of my forums about the Kit List you know I like chocolate so I need to stock up! :)