1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer work abroad to reinspire me

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by millypolly, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Hi everyone

First up, hope you're enjoying the Easter break at the minute - difficult term for me, we had a mock ofsted and it nearly killed us all.

Anyway, I'm in my 4th year of teaching (MFL) and looking for something exciting to fill my summer holiday with - why not just go on holiday and chill out????? - for the first summer ever, I feel like I want to do something that reinspires me so I can come back in September and feel like I achieved something. Sad times when we face the constant bashing from ofsted and flippin Michael Gove and never feel like we achieve enough...
    I've done British Council teaching and summer seasons on campsites in France - I guess I'm looking for further afield, hot :) and something worthwhile - anyone got any recommendations for organisations they've worked for? Or anyone else feeling the same need for working during their summer hol?!!!
    thanks all
    x

2. Hi everyone

First up, hope you're enjoying the Easter break at the minute - difficult term for me, we had a mock ofsted and it nearly killed us all.

Anyway, I'm in my 4th year of teaching (MFL) and looking for something exciting to fill my summer holiday with - why not just go on holiday and chill out????? - for the first summer ever, I feel like I want to do something that reinspires me so I can come back in September and feel like I achieved something. Sad times when we face the constant bashing from ofsted and flippin Michael Gove and never feel like we achieve enough...
    I've done British Council teaching and summer seasons on campsites in France - I guess I'm looking for further afield, hot :) and something worthwhile - anyone got any recommendations for organisations they've worked for? Or anyone else feeling the same need for working during their summer hol?!!!
    thanks all
    x

3. Hello,

Last summer, I volunteered to teach for an organisation called KEEP in Katmandu, Nepal. I taught English to a group of tourism professionals for a couple of hours a day and spent the rest sightseeing and meeting lovely people. They would also be interested in somebody offering a French course. You can google them and contact them and if you are interested, I'm sure they would be!

All the best,

Kamol