1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer tutoring

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by wigstoncyclist, Jun 15, 2020.

1. wigstoncyclist

wigstoncyclist New commenter

Hi Has there been an increase in home tuition because children aren't going to school?

Happyregardless likes this.
  2. cwilson1983

cwilson1983 Occasional commenter

A decline actually. I current have no students and none in the pipeline. The usual channels for prospective tutees have gone very quiet too.

3. Abitofeverything

Abitofeverything Occasional commenter

There is in some areas and for some age groups. Where I live, in a very middle class town, lots of parents are happily paying for their primary school aged children to have lots of extra support, which has the happy by product of letting the parents get on with their working from home. 11+ tuition is still going very strong too.
    Unfortunately I think tutors for secondary school exams have suffered a huge decline, obviously due to exams being cancelled.

4. Happyregardless

Happyregardless Occasional commenter

I've noticed an inlfux of requests for online tutoring and two parents/families have asked me to continue over the Summer hols.