1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer School Volunteering

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by anthonybiggs, May 19, 2011.

1. Does anyone know of any summer schools that are looking for volunteers to help teach Maths in the Preston/Southport/Ormskirk area of Lancashire.

Also id like to say Hi to everyone, im quite new to the forums but should be getting more involved in the upcoming weeks.

2. Hi
    Have you contacted the local authority or local schools?
    From experience most summer schools are not academic as such and hire people rather than have volunteers. I dont know any round here in the Home Counties.
    Are you a teacher? Hold QTS?
    What about tutoring?

3. I've just emailed the local authorities.
    I could try tutoring, im a trainee maths teacher currently studying a 3year QTS course in my first year so im not far off. Just trying to better myself and my teaching by gaining experience and any summer opportunities would be really good.

4. lancsHOD

lancsHOD New commenter

Might be worth sending a speculative letter to a few local schools, not sure how many schools do summer schools these days as there isn't much money around for it!