1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer Project

Discussion in 'Primary' started by morrish4, Jul 2, 2011.

1. I have been told I am taking my Year 5 class up to Year 6 in September, I want to give them a project over the summer to be getting on with to bring back to me in September - any ideas?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Why?
    It is a holiday after all and do you really want to start the new year with a pile of projects to mark?

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I wouldn't set such a thing either.

About 1/4 won't do it at all. About 1/4 will do it, but in a pressured rush at the end of the holidays. Another 1/4 will bring you a note from home to say they forgot can they have an extra week. And the last 1/4 will actually do the work over the holiday as you hoped and planned for.

You really don't want the hassle in September. And it is their holiday! Imagine if your HT gave you some paperwork on the last day of term that MUST be completed over the holiday and handed in on the first day back.

4. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Noooooooo! Parents who are interested will keep the kids busy in their own way. Leave the families to have some time without interference (from the state, grrrr!!!). Have a rest, and a break from it all.
    Have a rest yourself too.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Waves to NGedge [​IMG]

6. Don't do it. Let the children enjoy the summer with their families.

7. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

*Waves back to Marlin* [​IMG]
    (they enjoyed the Sweet Machine - thank you so much!)