1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer Production; All female cast?!?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by MrMusic, Feb 28, 2011.

1. MrMusic

MrMusic New commenter

This is my first year at an all girls school as the head of music and performing arts and I need to start thinking about the summer production.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good texts we could stage? Anything with an all female cast or largely female cast would be brilliant.

Any help gratefully received. Thank you!

2. Daisy Pulls It Off. You would need to check rights / availability.

3. (I'm assuming Nell Dunn's Steaming isn't the sort of thing you were after).

4. Hi
    I'm a drama teacher in an all girls school and I have done a number of productions using an all girl cast where a number of them play male roles - it can work.

Roz

5. angelinascullina

angelinascullina New commenter

Bad Habits is an all girl musical. It is a little bit 'Daisy Pulls it off' meets 'Sister Act'! Good fun, loads of speaking roles, humorous with memorable tunes. Only available through Lucky Bucket Productions. Good Luck!

6. what about an all female version of Lord of the Flies... in my experience girls are far more scarrier when they gang up on other girls than boys are OR an all female version of 12 Angry Men?

7. How about House of Bernardo Alba - Lorca? A bit gloomy but a good play. Top Girls - Caryl Churchill. Probably a bit challenging - depending on the age of the girls. An all female version of After Juliet - Sharman Macdonald.
    Good luck!