1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer Pay

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by hamjam, Apr 3, 2011.

1. hamjam

hamjam New commenter

Hello fellow teachers,
    I have been offered a potential long term contract starting after Easter and concluding this July. However, It could possibly go on until Dec 2011.
    If it does conclude in Dec, would it be unreasonable to ask for summer pay, and how much would be a reasonable amount?
    Also, would it be unreasonable to ask for some money over the Easter holidays, prior to starting my role?
    The school is aware that another school is keen to have me.
    Thank you for your time.

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I admire your optimism. I have a long term contract starting tomorrow and ending sometime in October and there isn't a chance in Hell of any holiday pay. They have however offered to pay overtime at agency rate if I have to do a parents' evening, which I consider quite generous.

Is the other school that wants you offering holiday pay? If not, the school you're negotiating with might just call your bluff.

3. I've seen LEA contract work still advertised as including holiday pay.

4. it would be lovely if they did, but somehow I doubt it!!