1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer holiday TV schedule

Discussion in 'Personal' started by neli, Aug 11, 2015.

1. neli

neli Occasional commenter

What is it with the schedule planners that every year for the whole 6 weeks there is virtually nothing interesting to watch? I realise we should all be doing more interesting things but,it's often the only time Teachers actually get to watch TV without having to multi task and holidays are not all about being exciting, they are about relaxing and recovering too.

Thank goodness for Bake off!

2. Never mind! GBBO is back, and soon we'll have Strictly and HIGNFY back too.

My needs are few and simple.

3. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

Throw in University Challenge and Only Connect and that's me happy :)

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

And a new series of Location.

Husband likes Ripper Street but I hate the daft way they speak. Life in Squares is a bit dull but there often seems to be something historical and factual to watch. Even if we've seen it before I don't mind repeats.

5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Partners in Crime on Sunday evening with David Walliams and Jessica Raine.

But, I agree, there is a lot of dross.

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Partners in Crime was ridiculous but I couldn't help watching it. Life in Squares was a bit confusing as I wasn't sure who everyone was and no one in it seemed very happy for all their 'freedom'.

I'm waiting for Series Four of Orange is the New Black on Netflix.

7. I've got True Detectives on series link but we're missing the first three. Son1 has just given us a stick with them on :)

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Life in the squares was boring and seemed to portray a boring life style in which 'thinkers' did it their own way.

I watch little drama...but have loved new tricks return and i love the new BBC series of 'greatest wonders of the world' and the new one tonight on the greek thinker. Also i have enjoyed Lumley's trans Siberian railway..now thats the sort of job i would love.

There has been vet school which i have liked and Japan enchanted islands and the new season of Coast and the penine way.

9. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Funny enough, I always find something to watch. The stuff already mentioned by others, plus Odyssey, New Tricks, Parks and Recreation, Suits, Wentworth Prison, Witnesses to name a few!

I've also recently got Netflix and if I watched every I wanted to see on there,I'd have to resign and never leave the house.

10. tidal

tidal New commenter

I'm doing a lot of reading

11. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

At last, someone owns up to watching this! It is an ongoing discussion in our house as to who on earth watches it because it keeps on being recommissioned. It's the one programme that has us racing to pick up a book.

EDIT: TWO of you owning up

12. Spiritwalkerness

Series One was simply stunning

Series Two was not

Yet the ratings say otherwise - I wonder if people tuned into the second series after all the accolades and then, despite realising it was pants, kept on watching just in case it got better.

I'm currently speed watching Sons of Anarchy - think I'm now on series 4. It passes the time and stops me dusting [​IMG]

13. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Not at all. Loved it straight away.

Why are teachers such snobs as far a TV go? The number of colleagues who pretend to only watch documentaries and current affairs programmes but, strangely enough, seem to know about the latest storylines in soaps (love those too, by the way).

14. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I liked New Tricks, but not so much now that all the original cast have left. It's the last series though. I like Denis Lawson.

I like Death in Paradise, so hope it's back soon and I prefer Kris thingy to Ben Miller. I don't like Ripper Street or any of that type of programme. We turned on to that BBQ programme a couple of weeks ago, with Myleene Klass. That didn't last long- the biggest load of carp!

15. Spiritwalkerness

I don't think teachers are the only TV snobs out there. Me? I can't wait for the next series of Gogglebox [​IMG] My sister was at a funeral last month and Rev. Kate was officiating.

16. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

My husband watches this. Series 1 was OK but it got progressively more violent. I think he's on Series 6 now (the latest one anyway), I can't watch it.

17. I'm looking forward to some new subtitled Scandinavian thrillers/detective series on Saturday nights. Another series of The Bridge (French version) would be most welcome too.

18. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Have you been watching " The Witnesses" on channel4? That's French and mysterious.

19. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Season 1 or Season 2? Either way I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy.

20. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Sounds like a plan, non?